Behaviour Change Communication Specialist (Turkey)
Base: Killis , Turkey
Period of consultancy: 6 months
Start date: ASAP
Fee: USD 3 800 – 4 000 (depending on experience)
MENTOR seeks a behaviour change communication specialist with experience of working within an Arabic context. Strong skills in formative research related to the development and testing of innovations that improve public health outcomes are required. The right candidate will have experience applying state-of-the-art theories and models of BCC, preferably in the health field. This position requires the ability to work with multiple teams centrally in southern Turkey, whilst remotely training and managing a team within Syria. The disease focus is leishmaniasis and through a comprehensive programme of Integrated Vector Management (IVM), MENTOR reaches in excess of 3 million persons in the north of Syria.The position will be basd in Turkey.
The BCC specialist will lead on the strategy design, training and subsequent roll-out of MENTORs BCC and IEC strategy across the northern parts of Syria. The candidate for this position would have a strong interest in providing technical support to staff and partners involved in the design, implementation and evaluation of interventions that rely on beneficiaries adopting practices that protect them from transmitting leishamaniasis.
The BCC specialist will support conceptualization of formative research to guide solution development and implementation and contribute to all aspects of the research continuum, from concept to dissemination. The BCC Specialist will have experience developing tools and approaches in different cultural settings and designing linguistically and culturally appropriate interventions. This is a 6 month post based in Kilis Turkey.
• Design appropriate formative research to be rolled-out in MENTOR supported northern parts of Syria and work with partners to conduct research (e.g. desk reviews, situation assessments, stakeholder interviews, FGDs-when possible; in-depth interviews etc).
• Develop and pilot test approaches, materials and tools
• Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary program planning, development, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
• Contribute to timely and appropriate reporting.
• Training, order nolvadex supervising and supporting the national IEC/BCC Officers in implementing the IEC/BCC activities within Syria, to include: daily staff direction; task delegation; programme scheduling; training and development; evaluation and incident reporting
• Developing targeted tools/materials with beneficiaries to optimise roll out
• Developing the IEC/BCC strategy for the forthcoming year, with support from HQ and the Coordinators, to reflect the situation in Syria, paying particular attention to cultural practices as well as security limitations. All strategies to first be cleared by the technical teams, the CD, and HQ.
• Formation, and periodic revision, of IEC materials necessary for the campaigns, to include: fliers/posters, radio transmissions; television broadcasts; lecture notes etc. (with technical support from fellow Coordinators)
• Collating and analysing all data coming in from the field; separating by location and grant
• Writing the IEC/BCC section of all donor reports and contributing to any new proposals
• Ensuring the efficient management of stock and assets related to the IEC/BCC campaigns, to include: realistic estimations of necessary IEC/BCC materials; timely replenishment of stock per location; scheduling of asset use by location; weekly reporting of stock management to the logistics department
• Coordination with other actors relevant to the field, to include: participation in meetings; actively engaging with other INGOs/NGOs, Local Authorities, and UN bodies to maximise resources and
• Ensuring the safety of all MENTOR staff and supported facilities by upholding our policy of no branding and no disclosure of sensitive information due to security concerns within Syria
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelors degree
• Post graduate degree in Communications, Marketing, Behavior Change Communication or Health Communication would be an asset
• A minimum of five (5) years experience in Communications and Marketing in a competitive environment, with three (3) years in a senior position providing technical leadership
• Equivalent combinations of experience and training will be considered
• Arabic speaking and work experience in the Middle east
• Exceptional written and oral communications skills in English
Send CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com