Country Director- Gaziantep, Turkey
The MENTOR Initiative is looking for a highly motivated and skilled person to join their emergency team. This person will help to lead the emergency work the organization is currently undertaking in northern Syria to bring under control a Leishmaniasis epidemic. The disease has a severe impact upon the population in the region and MENTOR is leading the international effort to control the ongoing epidemic.
The MENTOR Initiative are looking for a Country Director. This position will be based at the MENTOR Programme office in Gaziantep, Turkey.
The role includes:
- The CD will represent the MENTOR Initiative in the region. He/she will have to coordinate and manage relations both within the MENTOR Initiative team and with a network of collaborating NGOs, local stakeholders, authorities, donor organisations and UN agencies to facilitate our work within the region.
- Ensure that technical, operational, logistical and administrative areas of the organisations work are delivered on time, to the highest standards and according to the organisations policy and practice.
- Ensure that the organisation meets its programme propecia objectives, targets and responsibilities as specified for each programme grant.
- Manage communication between the field teams and HQ, including compiling weekly status reports, monthly financial reports, monthly activity planning and budget/cash flow/needs forecasting,
- Work with HQ to high quality programme progress and finance reporting as per donor requirements.
- Help to inspire, lead and develop the organisations vision and strategy for the region.
- 5 years’ experience in managing humanitarian programmes,
- Very good administration and budget management skills
- Proven ability to deliver grant objectives on time and on budget
- Proven successful experience in the management of both international and national teams in insecure environments
- Fluent English with excellent written and communications skills
- Knowledge of Turkish and/or Arabic is beneficial but not required
- MSc in Public Health, Disaster Management, or other relevant subject area
- General understanding of implementing health/disease control programmes
- Experience in managing humanitarian programmes in emergency settings
- Understanding of health monitoring and evaluation, leishmaniasis and comprehensive malaria prevention strategies
- Regional experience
- Understanding of vector borne disease control operations
Please send a CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.