Finance and Administration Coordinator- Turkey
Place of Service: Turkey
Scope of Services:
The Finance and Administration Coordinator will support the MENTOR Initiative Country Director (CD) in Turkey and Syria in achieving programme objectives, in a timely manner and in response to identified needs on the ground. The consultant will be entrusted with the critical task of ensuring the correct financial and administrative management of all programme grants in accordance with the programme grant/award and The MENTOR Initiative guidance/guidelines.
Please send letter of motivation and CV to [email protected]
The main responsibilities of this post include the following:
- Financial Coordination
Systems and Accounting
- Ensure good quality finance and administration systems, as per the standard MENTOR Initiative guidelines, are maintained throughout the program.
- Ensure timely entry of accounting data into the provided MENTOR accounting systems.
- Ensure accounting for all grants is in accordance with the grant agreement(s) and USAID standard procedures.
- Prepare monthly electronic and paper reports on expenditures against the project budget(s). Send these reports, together with all hardcopy receipts and other expenditure-related paperwork, including bank statements, to the MENTOR Initiative Grants Management Team.
- Supervise and provide training to the local administrators in the MENTOR Initiative finance and administration procedures.
- Ensure that all members of the MENTOR team are compliant with, and respect the finance and administration procedures.
- Ensure strict compliance to MENTOR Initiative guidelines and all grant agreements for all programme procurement procedures and documentation.
- Ensure compliance with grant financial reporting requirements.
- Ensure field level compliance to all legal aspects of the grant agreement.
- When required, assist with the preparation of new proposals and budgets.
- Work closely with the CD and technical co-ordinators to assess internal cash available, and the detailed expenditure required to achieve the programmes planned activities for the month ahead, ensuring correct burn rate of the budget for the planned activities.
- Send monthly requests for cash (RCA) to the MENTOR Initiative Grants Management Team.
- Prepare paper version of payroll to MENTOR Initiative Grants Management Team.
- Responsible for salary / fee payments to all local team members including daily workers. Ensure all such payments are fully recorded and signed for by those receiving payments.
- Responsible for distributing in country living allowance (ICLA) and security cash (when required) to international team members as well as reimbursement of approved expenses.
- Set up and maintain a MENTOR bank account locally for the programme.
- Ensure the general management and daily administration of the programme office base
- Manage all rental agreements including the MENTOR Initiative house(s), office(s), warehouse(s) and vehicles, etc. ensuring renewal when appropriate.
- Ensure contracts are clear, legally sound and appropriate.
- Ensure monthly asset/stock/fuel counts are carried out, checked, validated and reported to the HQ Grants Manager.
- Assist the CD with any other administrative tasks as required.
- Human Resources
- Directly responsible for all administrative aspects of local staff management and recruitment. This includes set up of non-technical job descriptions and assisting with the editing of technical job descriptions, posting adverts, organizing interviews, etc.
- Direct management of field Finance and HR assistants.
- Ensure that standard salary scale and per diem polices are in place and updated, upon validation from MENTOR Grants Management Team, regularly.
- Ensure compliance with all local government taxation and labour regulations concerning employment contracts.
- Ensure that all staff are trained in, and adhere to, MENTOR financial policies and procedures.
- Programme Support
- Support the Logistics Coordinator as needed to ensure the efficient importation of all programme commodities, and preparation of all related documentation.
- Assist the CD with writing of Memorandums of Understanding with local partners.
- Ensure that Memorandums of Understanding (MoU) are treated in the same way as any other contract e.g. checking they are sound and appropriate; checking the commitment of MENTOR resources.
- Ensure the correct and fully documented management and reporting of all finances and stocks/assets relating to MoUs with local partners and service suppliers.
- When required, represent the MENTOR Initiative in external coordination meetings.
- At the request of the CD, provide finance/admin and/or human resources support during field or assessment missions.
- Participate in regular general team meetings.
- Provide input to MENTOR weekly reports (sitreps). This should include identification of areas of weakness and strengths and recommendation for improvement in implementation and performance of the related tasks.
- The Consultant will be required to submit a final report detailing the overall accomplishments, challenges and analysis of the ways in which the organisation may best achieve ongoing objectives in relation to the programme.
- Assist the CD with field related information for external reports and/or donor proposals.
- When necessary, follow-up on the MENTOR Initiative’s registration in Turkey with the government and other local actors.
- From time to time, and as requested, work with MENTOR Initiative Grants Management Team to share best practice across the organization.
- Includes the possibility of transfer to another similar post in another MENTOR Initiative country programme within the period of this contract agreement.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the CD and agreed with the MENTOR Initiative Programme/ Grants Manager.