Title: “Health For All” Malaria Programme Coordinator
Place of Service: Zaire, Uige and Kwanza Norte provinces, Angola, with occasional travels or stays in Luanda as required
Reports to: MENTOR Angola Country Director
The Health For All Malaria Programme Coordinator will establish and oversee the USAID funded Health for All grant in Angola. To ensure technical expertise, standardization across programmes, adherence to donor and local regulations, and quality control, the Malaria HFA Programme Coordinator will be responsible for implementation in Zaire, Uige and Kuanza Norte provinces.
- Coordinate the implementation of HFA grant in Zaire, Uige and Kuanza Norte Province, as per agreements with PSI, USAID and the Government of Angola;
- Oversee all HFA programme staff in HFA programme over the 3 provinces;
- Working closely with the local Ministry of Health authorities, the NMCP, and NGO and other partner agencies, work to and strengthen standardised protocols and best practice in the areas of malaria surveillance, prevention and case management;
- Facilitate the organisation and implementation of trainings on the above activities for health staff of government health facilities and staff of other organisations working in malaria control in Uige and Zaire;
- Oversee the LLIN distribution in all municipalities of KN and Zaire, and related continuous LLIN distribution in 3 Provinces
- Oversee the development and implementation of Information, Education and Communication (IEC) activities to raise awareness and understanding of malaria-related issues as necessary;
- Manage the supervision OTSS of health facilities and laboratories as required;
- Verify that The MENTOR Initiative Public Sector Programme is implemented in a timely and professional manner, according to objectives, goals and indicators established in the programme document and in line with donor requirements and beneficiary needs and within the allocated budget;
- Act as a Technical Malaria expert for the programme and Angola Medical Coordinator: be the focal point for all matters related to the medical and technical quality of the malaria programmes implemented by The MENTOR Initiative.
- Ensure that requested programme reports are written and submitted to the Country Director in a timely manner and in line with donor requirements;
- Ensure that a standardised system of appropriate and quality programmatic monitoring is established and maintained in line with programmatic requirements enabling the effective ongoing monitoring and evaluation of programmatic outputs and objectives
- Support the Country Director writing proposals as required.
In the absence or at the request of the Country Director, represent The MENTOR Initiative with other NGOs, UN agencies, donors, government officials and other partners;
- Assume technical responsibility for the implementation of MENTOR Angola Malaria programmes when the Country Director is unavailable.
- Attend all relevant meetings related to the PSI Malaria programme activities and/or designate necessary representation; and
- Ensure positive interaction and good relations with communities and partner organisations in the provinces covered by the Malaria Programme.
Operational Support and Other
- Champion MENTORs administration, finance and logistics procedures and lead an example for the malaria team in their systematic use in accordance with MENTOR operations procedures and in line with the donor specific requirements;
- Ensure all information pertaining to the Malaria programme requested by the MENTOR Country Administration/Logistics Department is provided regularly to ensure smooth operations;
- Ensure compliance with all local laws and regulations, including taxation;
- Act as a focal point for all the matters related to the health of the organisation national and international staff in Angola; in close coordination with the Country Director, participate to all decisions taken with regards to these issues.
- Stimulate an effective professional working environment, geared towards mutual and progressive learning and maintain a positive team atmosphere and foster team-building relationships;
- Manage the continuous development of consultants and staff you line manage through regular performance evaluations and target setting.
- Maintain regular communication with the Country Director and other team members through weekly reporting and regular emails, phone and skype calls providing a comprehensive update and reflection on activities, meetings and events.
- Work with the Country Director to set key performance objectives that you will work to and be evaluated against throughout the duration of your contract
- Additional duties as required by CD, HQ and other team members